The Karamazov Brothers
The presented project is a two-element publication combining the new translation of Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s novel and a DVD with its TV adaptation by the Provisorium Theatre. As part of the European cannon, The Brothers Karamazov has been published multiple times. Our design catches the eye because of its simple, elegant form and clear distinction from the previous Polish editions of Dostoyevsky’s works.
The unique design manifests itself in the original approach to placing both the book and the DVD in one dust jacket, which serves as the DVD cover simultaneously. Moreover, it was clear to us, that a novel of such renown calls for a hard cover, investing in durable paper materials and typographic masterworks.
- Type of project Book and DVD packaging
- Scope of works Book cover, Book layout, Typesetting
- Format / Length 143×237 mm, 840 pages
- Paper / Binding Alto 80 g/m² (bookblock), Alto 300 g/m² (digipack), hardcover
- Fonts Joanna Pro MT, Sophia
- Date 2015
- Client Centre for Culture in Lublin
- Awards European Design Awards 2016 (Gold); The Most Beautiful Book of the Year – Polish Publishing Houses Association 2016 (Honorable Mention); “Dobry Wzór” – Institute of Industrial Design 2017 (Award and Honorable mention by Ministry of Culture)