Subject matter: Texts on choreography, contemporary dance and movement as socio‑political practices – a critical approach.
The project was definitely not to be pretty. The field subjected to frequent aestheticizations demanded, in our opinion, a down-to-earth typographic layout. Hence the Adelle Sans font and particular care for clear navigation. Asymmetrical column and unjustified composition enabled to dynamize the layout, titles in italics illustrate the kinetic character of the subject matter. The cover: “Choreography” is highlighted on the front. Politicalness is embossed, but invisible. Noticing and decoding it is possible only once the book is open, that is why the world on the front cover is written in a mirror reflection. We assume that the embossed title will reveal itself with time, with the help of touching and dirt.
- Type of project book
- Scope of works book cover, book layout, typesetting (Idalia Smyczyńska, Robert Zając)
- Format / Length 167×237 mm, 270 pages
- Paper / Binding Munken Lynx Rough 90 g/m², paperback
- Fonts Adelle Sans
- Date 2018
- Client Art Stations Foundation
- Awards The Most Beautiful Books of the Year – Polish Publishing Houses Association 2019 (Nomination), Polish Graphic Design Awards 2019 (Special Mention)