Nothing-Nothing. Ontology on the margins of Leśmian
A philosophical essay abundantly illustrated with works of art. The pieces by the writer of “many languages”, Bolesław Leśmian, give an impulse for deliberation. One of the most original Polish poets, wordsmith and visionary became an inspiration for Janusz Palikot, a successful entrepreneur and eccentric politician.
The goal was to design a handy book, which will facilitate the presentation of fragments of prose and poems alongside a selection of images. Our choice of the otabind softcover made it possible to apply silver foil along the spine using the hot stamping method. The foil reappearing on the book block creates a distinctive feature of the publication – a “mirror band”.
- Type of project book
- Scope of works book cover, book layout, typesetting (Idalia Smyczyńska, Robert Zając)
- Cooperation preparation of photographs for printing (Marek Popielnicki)
- Format 120×212 mm, 300 pages
- Paper / Binding Munken Polar 120 g/m², paperback
- Data 2018
- Client Centre for Culture in Lublin
- Awards The Most Beautiful Books of the Year – Polish Publishing Houses Association 2019 (Nomination), Polish Graphic Design Awards 2019 (Special Mention)